Ritchey P-650b Frameset
This is the second version of a 650b mountain bike from Ritchey -- Tom started to design his first in 1977. Even back then, Tom had a feeling that there was an advantage to the "middle" wheel size, but it took the rest of the cycling world three decades to figure it out: a 650b (or 27.5") wheel provides the bump-eating smoothness of a 29er, with the light, responsive feel of 26" wheels. Finally, the era of the 650b wheel is here.
The P-650b is a close relative to the P-29er. Up front there's the proprietary forged-and-machined, gram-shaving integrated head tube featured on all new Ritchey frames. Forged socket dropouts nd new chainstay-mounted rear disc brake mount save a few more grams.
And like every frame we make, geometry and tubing is carefully fine-tuned by Tom, to bring the legendary balanced, nimble Ritchey feel to 27.5" wheels.
- Weight: 4.47lbs
- Fork: Designed for use with 100mm travel forks
- Headset: The P-650b uses the Logic Zero WCS drop in 1-1/8” (41.8 Campy)
- Front Derailleur: 28.6 clamp size
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm English threaded
- Bottom Bracket Drop: 50mm
- Compatible with hydraulic brake systems only
- Sold as frame only